Why is it awesome to have a Bouvier person as a groomer? Because she really knows how to Hand Strip!
Dogs with textured coats need to be hand stripped and NOT shaved. Does your dog have a textured coat? Here are some examples:
- Airedale Terrier
- Dandie Dinmont Terrier
- Cairn Terrier
- German Wirehaired Pointer
- Irish Wolfhound
- Border Terrier
- Bouvier des Flandres
- Scottish Terrier
- Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
- Wirehaired Dachshund
Why hand strip?
- Stripping has to be done every 4-6 months instead of weeks
- Keeps the integrity and texture of the hair and skin – keeps natural color and protects the skin
- Less bathing because the coat is protective!
- Maintains a water-proof coat: go play in that lake, river, or ocean – a shakeoff and we’re good to go!
- Keeps dogs cool in hot months thanks to taking out excess
- Keeps dogs warm in cool months because the coat is closed and retains body heat
- Stinky? If the coat is intact, it won’t happen. Shaving causes a lot of this because oils over produce.
Book your appointment today! We can hand strip, roll, cart, and pull down all coats!